Custom AV solutions may be high tech but working with AVT is simple. Our full-service approach means that every project we do is taken on by a complete team of capable designers, engineers and technicians. You’ll only need one AV partner from start to finish. AVT brings your consultant and your integrator together, the same way we’ve brought ideas and people together with beautifully integrated custom AV for over 20 years.
AV Technology is constantly evolving, but AVT doesn’t just evolve with it – we shape it.
AVT believes in having a balanced life. We strive to maintain a controlled 8-hour workday schedule and support the community and planet by only hiring those that live within a reasonable commute of our Mississauga offices.
We are looking to add to our growing team and seek an experienced full-time Audio Visual Installation Technician. Our ideal candidate must be team-oriented with advanced technical knowledge and experience with installation, testing, troubleshooting and servicing installed Audio Visual systems and components.
- Integrating AV systems in a quick and efficient manner conforming to standards set by AVT and industry leaders
- Low-voltage termination of cabling, soldering, structural mounting, cable pulling, software configuration and system commissioning
- Working with the client and other trades onsite, performing site visits to determine challenges and reporting back to the Project Management team
- Following system CAD schematics and keeping record of changes while on site
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment
- Maintaining professional approach while on site and in the shop
- At least two years post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Electronics Engineering, Broadcast, Telecom or other AV industry-related programs
- Experience with audio visual equipment, CAT5/6 and rigging
- Experience with audio visual installation techniques
- Certification with QSC, Cisco, Crestron, Extron, Polycom and CTS are a plus
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Good physical health without issue to lifting up to 50 lbs
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (own vehicle an asset)
- Starting salary $50,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience
- Health Benefit package
- Fully paid training and industry certification
To apply please e-mail your resume and include a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.